In inbound marketing, it’s no secret that you need quality content that your readers and potential customers will read, learn and appreciate. You can read all about it here. But with the abundance of online content available now, it’s a mistake to just sit around and wait for people to notice how good an article you’re offering them. So, take these six steps and ensure your marketing strategy backs up your high-quality content strategy.
- Don’t forget the basics: Remember what you’re trying to achieve. Back up your content creation efforts by working with an agency partner and with the right CRM, sales and marketing integration to identifying cross-selling and upselling opportunities.
- Educate: According to a poll by The Alternative Board, 75% of businesses expect their suppliers to educate them. Blogging is the best way to achieve this by pulling industry themes together. HubSpot finds companies who use blogs receive 67% more leads than those who do not.
- Engage industry thought leaders: According to a recent Demand Gen Report, 72% of business buyers looked at industry peers to research a potential purchase, meaning identifying and building relationships with industry opinion leaders is key. You can get their attention by commenting on their own blog posts and following them on social media.
- Modify for mobile: Mobile devices overtook laptops and desktop devices as the dominant source of internet searches in 2015, so it’s essential your website is mobile compatible. This will often involve re-purposing content or creating new, more mobile suited content, to make it more engaging on a smaller screen.
- Give something for nothing: Content that has a use – training videos, top-tips, downloads, tutorials etc. all make the user experience better. Video isn’t just engaging on its own, but it enriches other media, like social media and blogging.
- Try gamification: Gamification elements – like decision-making journey options, tasks that enable people to see where they are in their buying process, or games that test people’s knowledge all help create a more varied and interesting user experience. Don’t underestimate its importance.
Let us help you unleash your inbound marketing success.
If you would like to talk about how to unleash inbound marketing or want to hear more about how it can help you get found and generate more leads, schedule your free inbound consultation.